Thursday, November 14, 2019

Flat Liberation Front Disrupts Auditions for Claymate of the Month

Here's a scan of a photocopy of an illustration my college pal and Will Vinton Productions colleague Matt Wuerker drew in 1977 when I was up against the printing deadline for my newsletter "Frame by Frame" and needed a Claymate of the Month. I was unable to come up with a Claymate before the deadline, and Matt's delightful illustration filled the gap perfectly. 

The janitor in the foreground is Morris Mann, the alter ego of superhero Metamorphos Man (a Claymation film that unfortunately never got made). 

My proudest contribution to the illustration: the policeman's "Mickey Mouse Club."

Depicted in front of the stage, left to right, are Claymate judges Rick Cooper, Barry Bruce, Don Merkt, Will Vinton, Joan Gratz, and Susan Shadburne.



No comments:

Post a Comment